We sure know how to celebrate the allure of winter. Here are just some of the best winter festivals to look out for in Vermont.
Chestnuts roasting on open fires, sleigh bells, softly muted by the snowdrifts, ringing through the air and Vermont villages bathed in white snow – does it get cozier than that? Vermont’s winter festivals, with live music, food, drink, and good cheer, are among the best ways to take in the snowy holiday season. Winter festivals continue long after the holiday lights have come down; we’ve put together a roundup of the state’s best winter festivities.
- DEC. 6-7 St. Albans Festival of Trees
- DEC. 7 Smugglers Notch Brewfest
- DEC. 6-8 A Traditional Christmas in Stowe
- DEC. 13-15 Woodstock Wassail Weekend
- JAN. 11 Uberwintern Fat Bike Festival
- JAN. 22 Winter Rendezvous
- JAN. 23-26 Stowe Winter Carnival
- JAN. 24-FEB. 2 Waterbury Winterfest
- JAN. 25 North Bennington’s Annual Winter Festival
- JAN. 25 WinterFest, Cambridge Community Center
- FEB. 1 Winter Brewfest 2020
- FEB. 1 Grafton Winter Carnival
- FEB. 2 Winter Renaissance Festival
- FEB. 3 Ice on Fire Winter Festival, North Branch Nature Center